Crockpot Asian Tempeh and Brussels Sprouts
Here is a very tasty AND healthy plant based meal that is packed with protein! If you're not one for spending hours in the kitchen, then this one is for you. You can literally throw everything in the crockpot that day and dinner will be ready later that evening. Gotta love crockpots!!
-8 oz tempeh, cubed
-1 pound Brussels sprouts
-6 oz bean sprouts
-1/4 cup Bragg liquid aminos or low sodium Tamari sauce
-1/4 cup vegetable broth
-6 tbsp stevia in the raw
-3 tbsp butter
-2 tbsp rice vinegar
-2 tbsp maple syrup
-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
-1+ tbsp sambal oelek chili paste (optional)
-1/2-1 tbsp minced garlic
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Cube tempeh and cut Brussels into quarters. Make sure to trim off end/stem as well.
3. Add tempeh and Brussels to crockpot and then pour sauce over top. Mix gently and cover with lid.
4. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10.
5. Serve over sprouts and even quinoa if desired.